Pupil Safety Advice
Your Driving Instructor will contact you the day before your driving lesson to confirm that you are symptom free. The lesson will be stopped if you develop symptoms whilst driving.
TEMPERATURE - your temperature will be checked before entering the vehicle using a contactless thermometer. Normal body temperature should range between 36.5°C and 37.5°C. If your temperature is at or in excess of 37.8°C then the driving lesson will not go ahead and medical advice should be sought.
WASH YOUR HANDS before and after each lesson (including arms if you are wearing short sleeves)
WEAR A FACE MASK throughout the lesson and take it with you afterwards.
WEAR SUITABLE CLOTHING that covers you as much as possible.
SYMPTOM FREE SELF-DECLARATION - you must not undertake a driving lesson if you fall into any of these categories :
- You or someone you live with has coronavirus symptoms. Check the GOV.UK COVID symptoms list beforehand
- You have been told by the NHS Test and Trace service that you have been in contact with a person who has coronavirus
- You have entered or returned to the UK in the last 14 days, except in very limited situations which can be found in the government´s travel exemptions. You can find out more information on the GOV.UK COVID-19 border rules.
FACE COVERINGS - Pupils and Instructors must bring and wear a face covering during the lessons, unless there is a good reason not to.
Reasons not to include :
- You have a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering
- Putting on, wearing or removing a face covering would cause you severe distress
- You need to remove it to avoid harm or injury or risk of harm or injury to yourself or others
There is a possibility of glasses fogging up. Where issues arise with this on lessons, ensure you safely resolve the problem.
If you are not able to wear a face covering, you must inform your Instructor in advance of the lesson.
VEHICLE CLEANLINESS AND VENTILATION
Your vehicle will be cleaned in advance of your lesson using anti-viral spray or wipes to clean the passenger door handles inside and out, the dashboard and any other touch points (eg steering wheel, sat nav, mirror).
Air conditioning will not be used unless absolutely necessary. Windows will be open throughout the lesson to ensure appropriate ventilation.
PASSENGERS will not be permitted on your lessons during this time.
DISPOSING OF PPE - it is optional to wear single-use gloves but mandatory to wear a face covering (unless there is a reason which is outlined above). PPE brought to your driving lesson must be taken away with you for you to dispose of.
All of the above has been put in place for your safety and the safety of others. Therefore, your co-operation in following these guidlines is very much appreciated. If you have ANY concerns or questions regarding ANY of these safeguards, please discuss with your Driving Instructor. By working together, we will ensure driving lessons are conducted safely but still in a relaxed and friendly environment conducive to learning and the enjoyment of driving.